Author Topic: State Tournament results coming soon  (Read 43254 times)

Offline Robert Rose

• Officers
    • View Profile
State Tournament results coming soon
« on: September 29, 2015, 05:47:22 AM »
The results of the State Tournament should be posted soon. I know that the results were on a lot of peoples minds because I got at least 4 phone calls Monday before I even got home. I texted Debbie and had her send me and Perry Orne a copy of the results and emailed them out to your clubs contact person so if you can't wait until Perry gets them posted call your club contact and have him send you a copy. This was my first year as President and organizing the tournament and I must admit it was a challenge. But all in all I think things went pretty well. We had a little difficulty with the weigh in until we got it across to the Zapata High School JROTC kids that the weigh slip, angler, and fish had to stay together. After that things ran smoother. Of course that drenching down pour that we had Saturday just before weigh in time didn't help. I don't think I had a dry spot on me until I got back to the motel and changed clothes. Also no clouds and the humidity Sunday didn't help either. I want to thank all my help at the tournament for the job that they did. They are what made this tournament run. I also want to thank Zapata High School and their JROTC Unit, They have a great bunch of kids and they also helped make the weigh in run as smooth as it did. I was a little surprised when they all showed up. I was told that I would get about 6 to 10 kids, but there had to be close to 25. I also want to thank the Zapata County Commissioners Court for the donation that paid to put this tournament on. With out their help it could not have taken place. I also want to thank the Zapata County Sheriff's Department for their help directing traffic and keeping watch over the boat ramp while everyone was out fishing. Hope to see every one next year at Livingston
Robert Rose
T A B C President
Director Region 3
P.O. Box 1356
Stephenville, Texas 76401
254-485-2187

Offline Robert Rose

• Officers
    • View Profile
Re: State Tournament results coming soon
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:46:04 PM »
Ok, you would know it being my first year as President that we would have some issues with the tournament results. Some how when they printed the results and gave me a copy to announce the winners the copy that I received some way had dropped one of the top 6 teams. Well it took a little time but we got that resolved at the convention center and got most of the trophies where they belonged. Then I received an email yesterday that another clubs weights were wrong and after some checking found that for some reason the program did not add Sunday's weight to Saturday's weight so it only showed Saturday as their total weight. Well, I got that changed and sent the club a new results file and asked Perry to correct the web page. If anybody finds any other errors please let me know and I will research and correct it as needed.
On a happier note I want to thank Zapata Marine for a job well done. On Saturday we had a boat in one team tear up his lower unit. He carried the boat to Zapata Marine for repair and they had him back on the water Sunday morning. This business went above and beyond for our anglers so if you are there and need work support this business.
Robert Rose
T A B C President
Director Region 3
P.O. Box 1356
Stephenville, Texas 76401
254-485-2187