Author Topic: Sunrise Beach VFD Tournament on LBJ  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Robert Rose

• Officers
    • View Profile
Sunrise Beach VFD Tournament on LBJ
« on: March 27, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
Sunrise Beach VFD approached me a while back about information on holding a bass tournament on LBJ as a fund raiser for their fire department. After talking to them and giving them some info on what they needed to do I volunteered to use the TABC scales and be their weigh master for the tournament. I gave them a sample of rules and they took it from there and advertised their tournament. This last weekend was the tournament and they did an excellent job of organizing it. They had a perch jerk and over 100 kids showed up for it and everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. They also had TP&WD bring out their trailer with the Hall of Shame and 2 Game Warden to support it and talk to the people about how important it is to abide by the states hunting and fishing laws. The tournament only drew 23 teams but was a good start and I suspect that next year they will draw more teams. The big bag weighed in at 22+ lbs and had a Big Bass of over 7 lbs. I plan to assist them again next year if they need me and they have decided to do a fall tournament because they have so many activities in the spring that it makes it difficult on their sonsors. I want to Thank John Morgan for his help with this event. I could not have done it with out his help. Everyone keep an eye out for this tournament next October and come out and participate for a good cause. Don't forget you never think about a fireman unless you need one and this is an all volunteer operation.
Robert Rose
T A B C President
Director Region 3
P.O. Box 1356
Stephenville, Texas 76401
254-485-2187